Sunday, November 9, 2008

Alphabet Book with ATCs


Z is for Zebra
Originally uploaded by Pictures by Ann
I am in the process of making an alphabet book for Olivia (my 5 1/2 year old daughter) for Christmas. This project has been going on now for several months, and is almost done.

Each page of the book has 2 ATCs (artist trading cards) - one that I made and one that someone else has made. I've been trading cards through a swap on Swap-Bot with different partners throughout the U.S. It's been interesting to see the different styles of cards that are in the book.

This card is one that I made a while back, but it was never traded. Since Olivia likes zebras and loves the tactile cards (she's legally blind in both eyes and responds better to the tactile/sensory cards), I thought this would be a nice one for her book.

It is made with zebra-printed fabric on both sides. The card is hand-embroidered using the blanket-stitch. The green ribbon is in the shape of a "Z" and has beads hand-sewn on it.

1 comment:

Mª Clara Lloveras said...

Hello, from Spain.

I have discovered your blog and is very pretty!

I make ATCs and I would like to make an interchange with you, you want?

My blog is:
www.lacasademadera.over-blog.com

Maria Clara Ll.